Wangari gardens is a 501(c)(3) corporation and the management of this corporation is done by a board. We are currently seeking interested people to join the board. You do not need to be a plotholder to be on the board. If you are interested in being on the board or would like more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “501(c)(3) Board” in the title. We will interview potential board members in December and January, and the first meeting will be in February.
- The Chairperson will be the principal executive officer of Wangari Gardens, responsible for general oversight of the Gardens. The Chairperson will ensure that Board decisions and policies are carried out in accordance with the By-laws and Articles of Incorporation. The Chairperson will preside at Board and member meetings and will serve as the official representative of Wangari Gardens to the public, government, officials and the press. The Chairperson will also execute financial instruments unless otherwise appropriately delegated.
- The Vice-Chair will preside as executive officer when the Chairperson is absent or unable to carry out his/her duties. The Vice-Chair will also be responsible for assignments delegated or assigned by the Chairperson. Additionally, a key role of the Vice-Chair will be that as liaison to government and community.
- The Treasurer will be responsible for annual and project-specific budget planning and reporting. The Treasurer will prepare and present bi-monthly Treasurer’s reports and an Annual Treasurer’s Report. The Treasurer will also manage the day-to-day financial accounts, disbursements and deposits, carefully following procedures laid out in the By-laws and by the Board of Directors.
- The Secretary has overall record-keeping responsibilities, including recording Board and Corporate meeting proceedings and actions. The Secretary will be expected to serve as liaison with each of the Board members to remain updated on projects and issues of interest to the whole Board and members, maintaining records accordingly. The Secretary will also be responsible to announce all meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Outreach/Events Liaison
- The Outreach Liaison will be liaison between Wangari Gardens Board of Directors and the Outreach Committee. They will be required to attend both Outreach Committee and Board meetings. The Outreach Liaison will also help coordinate outreach goals, programs, and outreach efforts.
- Communication Liaison
- The Communication Liaison will be the liaison between Wangari Gardens Board of Directors and the Communication Committee. They will be required to attend both Communication Committee and Board Meetings. The Communication Liaison will also help coordinate inreach goals, programs, and outreach efforts.
- Maintenance Liaison
- The Maintenance Liaison will be the liaison between Wangari Gardens Board of Directors and the Maintenance Committee. They will be required to attend both Maintenance and Board Meetings. The maintenance Liaison will also help coordinate maintenance goals, programs and maintenance efforts.
- Director Liaison
- The Director Liaison will be the liaison between Wangari Gardens Board of Directors and the Directors of the garden. They will be required to attend both Co-Director and Board meetings. The Director Liaison will also help coordinate general leadership and garden goals, programs and projects.